Duration: Full Day Tour
Tariff: Starting From $58 USD*/Per Person.
Location: Dhamrai (40 Km from Dhaka)
Attraction: People and Culture of Rural Bangladesh.
Best time to travel: Round The Year
Tour Available: Round The Year
Brass and Pottery Tour: Life and Work of Bangladeshi Artisans
In this full day tour, we’ll take you to a remote village in Dhamrai in the outskirt of Dhaka to visit a metal crafts workshop where they make brass and bronze statues in ancient lost-wax technique, and a pottery village where all of them make pottery from many of their generations.
On the way back to Dhaka you’ll visit National Martyrs Monument In Savar which was built to pay tribute to the people who was Killed during the liberation war of Bangladesh in 1971. This is a Tour where you can learn about the traditional life of Bangladeshi people and history of this country.
- Visit a pottery village and experience the life and work of the Potters.
- Get pottery lesson and make your hands dirty trying to Make some pottery.
- Visit a brass village and experience the life and work of the Artisans.
- Boat ride on a narrow river and experience the life on both Side of it.
- Opportunity to buy some amazing brass & pottery souvenirs Directly from artisans.
- Visit National Martyr’s Memorial.
Itinerary of Bangladesh National Assembly Tour
- 8:00 – 8:30 A.M: A guide and driver of Bangladesh Travel Homes Will meet you at your hotel / residence to pick you up and will start driving toward Dhamrai (40 km) immediately.
- 10:00 – 10:30 A.M: Reach Nayarhat Bazar at Dhamrai. Leave The car and take a 30 minute boat rid to the pottery village Kakran.
- 10:30 – 11:00 A.M: Experice life and pottery village where people making potteries from many of their generations, who are known as Kumar (potter). The trade of making pottery with clay is dying, so they live in poor conditions. More and more of the potters are leaving their family trade now a days. It will be nice if you bring some chocolate to distribute among the children in the village. They will be extremely happy.
- 12:00 – 12:30 P.M: Back to Nayarhat Bazar by boat. Drive Toward Nabinagar.
- 12:30 – 01:30 P.M: Have lunch at local restaurant in Nabinagar (local food).
- 02:00 – 03:00 P.M: Drive toward Dhamrai and visit the metal Crafts workshop where they make amazing statues and Crockeries with bronze in lost wax technique. This is the best place to buy some souvenir made of brass. They make amazing little things here perfect for souvenir.
- 03:30 – 04:30 P.M: Visit National Martyrs Memorial at Savar On the way back to Dhaka.
- 05:30 – 06:00 P.M: Drop at your hotel / residence, say goodbye. End of the tour.
Price of Brass and Pottery Tour
- 01 Person Tour: 9,000 BDT / $117 USD
- 02 Person In Group: 5,500 BDT / $71 USD Per Person
- 03 Person In Group: 5,000 BDT / $65 USD Per Person
- 05 Person In Group: 4,500 BDT / $58 USD Per Person.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Air-conditioned car and driver.
- English speaker guide
- All site entrance tickets
- Lunch on local restaurant (authentic local food)
- All boat rides.
- All tips except our guide.
Does not include any hard drink, beverage or any personal item.
Remarks on Temple Village Tour:
- You’ll be surrounded by lots of curious children when you visit The pottery village. Please consider bringing some chocolates For the poor children (as much as possible) as charity work.
- Specialty of Bengali food is they are spicy, which is the main Difference with Indian food. Khichuri (made of rice, daal and Meat) and biriani (rice and meat cooked specially with added Spice) are two of the most famous foods in Bangladesh. Restaurants will be basic but descent here where the local People normally go to eat.
- We’ll require the full payment in advance to book this tour.
Details of our online payment system could be found here:
Online Payment FAQs. (Hyperlink this bold sentences to payment permalink URL).